Vinyasa flow has become my favorite yoga class. It improves your body circulation, opens the chest and allows the lungs to breathe. Here are some poses I do daily to stretch, and help strengthen my back and hips. Most important tip: remember to breath during these exercises.
- Downward dog: relieves stress, energizes the body, helps prevent osteoporosis.
- Lunge: Hip flexibility, improve core stability,, helps spine stability.
- Warrior 1: strengthens the legs, opens the hips and chest and stretches the arms and legs. Develops concentration and balance.
- Warrior 2: opens hips, and chest.
- Reverse warrior: improves balance, spine flexibility, thighs and chest.
- side angel: helps with lower back pain and sciatica. Stimulates abdominal organs.
- triangle: stretches the hips, and opens the chest.
- half moon: strengthens, thighs, abdomen, ankles. Stretches groin and hamstrings.